Manchester Tank and Equipment has an opening for Warehouse Supervisor. Job duties include, but not limited to, manage day to day operations of a warehouse in line with procedures while meeting all customer service requirements. You will be responsible for controlling costs, facilitate inventory control, develop and implement a packaging program, supervise and coordinates activities of hourly production workers (shipping and receiving personnel) and continually strive to increase on time deliveries. Experience in the following areas will be the deciding factors in our selection of candidates.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge in the following areas: welding, blue print reading, and metal fabricating
• Must be a self starter with a strong work ethic
• Excellent attendance, performance and work history
• Must be self motivated with a sense of urgency and capable of prioritizing and able to work independently
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Detail oriented
• Basic computer skills
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Must be a team player
• Capable of working under pressure
• Prior work experience required
• Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards