- Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety Management Program. Advise management of any deviations from this program.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the departmental budget.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products and materials.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Issue shipping and receiving instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department managers to coordinate shipping and receiving activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Directly supervise shipping and receiving employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.