McWane is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete an online McWane Ductile Ohio Application Form which can be accessed at http://careers-mcwane.icims.com. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a Company Application, Confidentiality, Assignment and Non-Competition Agreement, criminal background check, professional reference check, health assessment and pre-employment drug screen. Applications must be received by close of business Friday, March 13, 2020
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
Represent and promote the sale and use of McWane Ductile Pipe products to customers and prospective customer, municipal and consulting engineer specifiers. Sales Territory is KY, IN, & SW OH. Maintain positive relations with distributors and assist them in selling company products. Comply with all company policies and procedures. You must live within your territory and ideally it would be centrally located to the region. This is home based office with travel requirements.
Maintain, develop, expand and service customer base in assigned sales territory
Promote complete product line to potential customers/engineers/end users
Identify current market conditions and trends
Generate reports, prepare documents and presentations
Monitor and evaluate competitive products and companies
Deliver presentations to audiences on specific topics
Support credit department with collecting project information and monies
Proficient in reading and interpreting site drawings, plans and specification
Conduct complaint investigations and manage issue to resolution
Demonstrate proper product application handling and installation in field and office
Represent company at trade shows and meetings while promoting products and services
Manage territory opportunities, customer information, quote and results using Sales Force
Overnight travel including some on short notice
Pure safety – Required safety training
This position requires travel throughout the territory as well as working independently with minimum supervision from a home office. Suitable candidate will maintain a positive attitude and work well in a team environment.
· Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Engineering or Communications and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in spec products or ten (10) years’ experience in the utility, water, wastewater or construction industry may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Proven Sales Ability, and the ability to develop new clients into long lasting customers
· Ability to build and network for new business opportunities and referrals
· Establish professional relationships with customers and purchasing contacts
· Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Time and priority management is a must
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power-point) and database usage
· Valid Driver’s License
· Clean Motor Vehicle Report