Performs online inspection activities to ensure internal and outgoing quality levels of product produced at the manufacturing facility.
• Performs random and scheduled online inspections of vessels and products produced at manufacturing facility.
• Collects and records the required relevant data and input into charts or other shared tracking methods when required.
• Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance.
• Performs line and/or equipment audits to monitor production performance.
• Communicates test results to Quality Assurance management and supervisors, as necessary.
• Reads, understands and follows the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and EHS Work Instructions.
• Shuts down process if unsafe.
• Looks for opportunity to get employees involved in safety, environmental, process changes and overall improvement efforts.
• To follow all EHS guidelines and applicable procedures.
• Report any unsafe conditions or incidents in a timely manner to their supervisor or any member of management.
• High school diploma or GED
• 1-2 years of related experience
• Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Access.
Ability to read blue prints, understand weld symbols is necessary, and thread gauges properly.
Must be dependable and self-motivated and possess good communication skills.
• Ability to contribute to and support the existence of a positive work environment, as well as pay close attention to the operations of equipment.
• Basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• The employee is in a manufacturing environment.
• Exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme heat/cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration and high noise level may be possible.
• The typical noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.