Reporting to the Distribution Center Manager, the Warehouse Associate fills orders, prepares pallets for shipping, arranges for pickup and receives freight. The Warehouse Associate also interacts with Manchester Tank customers and manages inventory and orders through the Manchester Tank’s ERP and other IT systems. In limited function, the Warehouse Associate may operate the DC while the DC Manager is out of the office with the appropriate authorizations in place.
· Understands and reinforces safe distribution center practices regarding stacking inventory, and operating various equipment including forklifts (and completing forklift daily inspection reports), stretch-wrap machines, dock levelers and any other equipment.
· Responsible for following job procedures and environmental work instructions including those related to hazardous waste management.
· Maintain distribution center safety and cleanliness. Keeps aisles clean of product and debris.
· Sales order processing and maintenance.
· Working with MANFACT computer system to process orders.
· Determines method shipment.
· Loading and unloading trucks.
· Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, damages, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
· Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
· Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
· Take calls from customers and provide prompt and courteous service to customers.
· Receiving and confirming RMA’S.
· Must work as a team player.
The employee is usually in a warehouse environment. Exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme heat/cold, wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration and high noise level may be possible. The typical noise level in the work environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.